Sr. Production Counsel (Film), Original Content - Legal & Studio Affairs
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple’s Original Content Legal group seeks an experienced attorney to handle development and production of original film and series content. The successful candidate will be an integral part of Apple’s Original Content Legal group and will oversee all facets of in-house and third-party productions.
- 5 or more years relevant experience
- The ideal candidate will have a mix of law firm and on-point, in-house legal experience with a focus on the acquisition, development, and production of feature length motion pictures
- Experience with and knowledge of the motion picture guilds and labor unions
- Established, strong relationships within the entertainment industry
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams, think practically and be solution-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
The Original Content team is responsible for the full range of legal work for the acquisition, production, and distribution of television and films. In this role, the successful candidate will work closely with the legal affairs and business affairs partners on Apple’s Original Content team to negotiate, draft and review the agreements necessary to develop, produce and/or license Apple’s original film and series productions, from development through post-production and exhibition on Apple’s global streaming platform. They should be extremely comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts and should be adept at developing and fostering relationships with their counterparts within the film production community. The successful candidate will be a diligent and dedicated negotiator drafter, an energetic team member on the ground, and a counselor who can translate business objectives into agreements and give concise, practical legal advice under tight deadlines.
Education & Experience
JD degree, excellent academic credentials, and admission to at least one state bar.