Data Engineer/Application Developer , Supply Chain Systems
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
As an Application engineer, you will be part of the team that builds outstanding business applications for World’s leader in Supply Chain, Apple Inc. As a part of IS&T SCI team, you will play a pivot role in building end-to-end, outstanding software solutions for Apple Supply Chain needs varying from Supply Planning , Demand Planning , Product distribution and so on. You will partner with various stakeholders to define and implement solutions that optimize our internal business processes.
- 8+ years of meaningful experience in enterprise level application development using sophisticated Oracle database technologies.
- 5+ years of programming experience Python Data Analytics platforms ,Pandas Data frames,sqlalchemy,numpy etc
- Hands on Experience with large volume databases for both OLTP and OLAP environment.
- Experience in distributed data processing systems.
- In depth Python programming experience in building high scale enterprise level Application, specialized in queues/multiprocessing/multithreading
- Experience in Application database design/architecture (Oracle/no-sql/graph databases)
- Experience with REDIS data store, any in-memory data structure platforms
- Experience in spark,kafka,big data technologies
- Experience in building Django / Flask / wildfly Java based App server
- Good experience in consuming or exposing web services (i.e. SOAP, REST)
- Thorough knowledge on UNIX/Linux platforms. Scripting experience with Shell, JSON, Advanced SQLs, Oracle PL/SQLs
- Experience in developing business applications for Supply Chain domain.
- Proven track record in supporting the expansion and maintenance of various Oracle database based solutions.
- Ability to successfully manage and collaborate with contractors
- Experience in full system implementation life-cycles using Agile / Waterfall
- Ability to multi-task,work independently with minimal direction;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a multi-discipline, geographically dispersed team.
You will Work with application owners, developers , QA, project managers, Support teams and end users. Lead proof-of-concept and pilot implementations to demonstrate new ideas or illustrate the use of new technologies and how to apply it into our systems. Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security. He or she must be able to perform regular design and code reviews and participate in debugging and coding to resolve issues. Provide technical guidance and mentoring to a small team of software engineers; Develop critical system components as well as take bottom line for team’s timely work quality and performance Demonstrates solid understanding of information management, data modeling, system integration, development methodologies (including unit testing) and web technologies. Participate in architectural design meetings for data/system integration projects Team lead experience is a plus. Occasionally will need to handle Application Production (warranty) support. Working with highly demonstrated outsourcing model We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
B.S / M.S in Computer Science or equivalent.