Technical Translator - German
Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Software and Services
Are you looking for a great opportunity to work on a dynamic team passionate about delivering world-class localised software on some of the world’s most creative consumer electronic products? Do you love the challenge of solving sophisticated problems that can have impact on a global scale? Join the team responsible for the localisation of Apple software and Siri. We are looking for experienced technical translators to localise software and related content into German.
- Hands-on translation of Apple products into German.
- Utilising internal tools to identify changes with localisation impact.
- Bug monitoring, blocking issues, reporting and resolution.
- Working with multi-functional groups to ensure the process runs smoothly and on schedule.
- Ensuring terminology consistency across all Apple products and services for the German market.
- Assisting with quick-turnaround translations.
- Identifying tools and process improvements.
- Performing linguistic QA and runtime testing.
- Maintaining style guides.
- Maintaining language glossaries.
Our localisation team is looking for highly motivated individuals with the right mix of technical, creative, organisational and communication skills to provide technical translations and adaptations for our software. Proficiency and translation experience in German language are crucial. The environment is fast paced, requiring the capacity to handle workload with bold delivery schedules. In addition to project work, other responsibilities include contributing to improving the tools to make software localisation workflows more efficient; helping to investigate the root causes of international issues that are found in localised software; promoting best practices for localisation friendly content; defining and driving improvements in our localised content. Strong communication and collaboration skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities are crucial. This position is highly suited to technical translators with previous localisation experience. It provides a chance to work within an exciting, supportive team, interact with other localisation teams at Apple, as well as engineering and QA teams, and gain valuable insights into the development process at Apple. Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Education & Experience
Degree in Applied Linguistics, Translation and/or equivalent experience.
- - Leading language specific style guides.
- - Handling language glossaries.
- - Experience localising Apple product content.
- - Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics).
- - Experience in natural language translation and computational linguistics.
- - Experience with a programming language.
- - Localisation project management experience.
- - QA experience.