3D Graphics Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you want to push the limits of the best Augmented Reality platform in the world? Are you interested in using your skills in rendering and graphics to raise the bar on what can be done with deep learning? Apple's Technology Development Group (TDG) delivers algorithms that drive revolutionary Apple products, including the augmented reality (AR) platform ARKit to create ground-breaking new products. In this position, you will have the opportunity to partner with our extraordinary team of computer vision and deep learning researchers to discover and build solutions to previously-unsolved challenges, and push the state of the art in AR algorithms that will change the way people experience their own reality! We are looking for a driven and dedicated 3D graphics engineer, optimally with experience and desire to use their skills to build computer vision and deep learning algorithms. Preferably, with experience in building optimized solutions that run in real-time on mobile devices. As a member of a fast-paced team, you have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of people every day!
- To succeed within this role, you should have shown experience in several of the following areas:
- - Good understanding of rendering fundamentals such as PBR, BRDF equations, IBL.
- - Experience in OpenGL or Vulkan, GLSL, CUDA, and preferably, Metal shaders.
- - Solid foundation in 3D geometry and linear algebra
- - Strong experience in C++, and bonus for experience in Swift and/or Objective-C
- - Experience in Python and, preferably, science libraries like Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib
- - Exposure or experience in computer vision and/or deep learning is a big bonus
- - iOS development experience preferred, including ARKit and SceneKit
- - Plus for experience in programmatically handling 3D meshes and rigging of 3D models
- - Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- - Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- - Consistent track record of successfully building and/or shipping projects
- - Creativity and curiosity for solving highly complex problems
You’ll be working along side computer vision and deep learning researchers to implement world class algorithms that pushes the state of the art. Your job responsibilities will include: - Implementing rendering tools and simulations for computer vision and deep learning - Implementing algorithms in C++ and optimizing them for mobile devices - Designing and building iOS tools in Objective-C - Designing and building Mac OS tools using C++ - Implementing tools to measure accuracy of computer vision and deep learning algorithms
Education & Experience
PhD in Computer Graphics, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Computer Science or equivalent industry experience of 5+ years
- Objective-C, Swift programming skills (preferred)
- Familiarity with VTK, OpenGL, PCL libraries (preferred)
- Familiarity with macOS, iOS operating systems (preferred)
- Familiarity with Xcode (preferred)