R2R Services Revenue Accountant
Austin, Texas, United States
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job. Just be prepared to dream big. Join the Apple Global Business Solutions (GBS) organization and make a positive impact on a company that is known for its impressive line-up of products. At Apple, you’ll share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with best-in-class professionals, all with one unified vision – creating innovative products that delight customers. We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, accountability, partnership, perfection, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today. Apple’s Record to Report (R2R) team is a centrally managed that supports Apple’s four shared service centers around the world, including Austin, Cork, Shanghai, and, Singapore. We are seeking an experienced accountant to join our Internet Software & Service Accounting team in Austin, Texas.
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Revenue recognition knowledge preferred (ASC 606)
- Media/entertainment industry with content asset knowledge preferred (ASC 920, ASC 926, ASC 350-30)
- Excellent communication, critical, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams on production work, initiatives, projects, and testing
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability in query, analyze, and reconcile large volumes of data
- Attention to details while still maintaining the big picture
- Most importantly: a sense of humor, a curious mind, an eagerness to learn, and a positive attitude
- Ensure appropriate revenue (and royalty) recognition and deferral for all Apple’s internet software and services - Manage accounting for content assets - Manage and resolve exceptions that affect revenue (and royalty) recognition or deferral - Participate in month-end and quarter-end close: prepare & book journal entries, prepare close deliverables, maintain and reconcile deferred revenue (and royalty) balance sheet accounts, and ensure all work is in accordance with company policies, U.S. GAAP, and SOx - Participate in quarterly balance sheet review for account reconciliations - Articulate how your work affects various partners in their downstream processes - Drive efficiency and scalability by streamlining or automating processes - Participate in projects in their entire cycle — from initiation to production go-live - Partner with other teams on different initiatives, projects, or production work - Train new team members - Perform ad-hoc requests by management
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting is required. Master’s degree and/or CPA is preferred.