Flash SW QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Core OS group ensures the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Join the Storage System Quality Engineering team responsible for ensuring highest quality for storage technology at the heart of Apple products known to surprise and delight millions of customers by working on exciting new products. The nature of the position requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with a drive to make a difference. You will be working in a fast paced environment, interacting directly with software development team and other QA teams cross functionally.
- Knowledge of NAND flash and/or other non-volatile storage technologies.
- Self learner, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deliver work on tight deadline.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Possess a deep understanding of software quality(SQA) methodologies and practices.
- Experience reporting and tracking bugs, solving complex problems & triaging issues (both hardware and software).
- Good understanding of file systems is a big plus.
- Understanding of storage interfaces like PCIe, NVMe, SCSI etc is a plus
Create test plans to validate new and existing Flash Storage Software features. Create & maintain automated test framework to enable comprehensive testing of flash storage technologies. Collaborate with Software Development team to support rapid code changes. Articulate failures and identify issue trends, and quantify impact with focus on customer experience. Strong bug reporting skills and communicate clearly with management and cross functional teams. Understand how file systems and storage are linked together and help focus on integration testing. Setup automation racks and triage any potential issues. Actively involved in team code reviews, design and test discussions.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience/skills