Manufacturing Quality Engineer Intern - Acoustic/Thermal Modules
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We don’t just create products - we create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Apple Products, and leave a footprint for years to come. We have an opportunity for an accomplished quality engineer to lead development, and ramp for a next generation Apple product from both dimensional and cosmetic perspective. Our quality engineering team enables the mass creation of impossible products as a partner in the development of Apple's renowned designs. The Manufacturing Quality Engineer (MQE) is responsible for Acoustic (iPhone, iPad, Mac, Homepod, Airpod) and or Thermal Module (Mac) product quality throughout the product life cycle. In addition, the Co-Op also involves projects related to data analytics and data visualization. Ideal candidate would be available for a 6-12 month Internship/Co-op.
- Relevant Courses: Introduction to Machine Learning, Data Mining, Deep learning, Linear Programming, Applied Regression analysis, AdvanceData Analytics, Non-Linear Optimization, Design of Experiment, Statistical Quality Control
- Software Skills: Python, R programming, Matlab
- Experience with ML model frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch, Sci-kit Learn
- Experience with GD&T and Metrology is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in high volume manufacturing and or electro-mechanical/consumer electronics development a plus
- Project management experience
- Passion and creativity in solving manufacturing problems
- Available for a 6-12 month Internship/Co-op.
- Work on innovation projects which can take the quality of Apple products to the next level - Develop data dashboards for visualizing key manufacturing data using software programming skills - Utilize Digital Signal Processing tools to analyze Noise and Vibration data to setup quality control screening - Review 2-dimensional engineering drawings and collaborate with product design team to ensure dimensional callous are per GD&T standards and are measurement feasible - Review tolerance stack-up analysis with product design team - Develop metrology for dimensions/cosmetics/electrical test, design gauges, measurement fixtures and drive their qualifications through MSA - Drive FAI/Cpk data collection with vendors and verify the data integrity - Conduct yield gap analysis and lead review with cross-functional teams on development of their corrective actions via process improvements, design or tolerance changes or screening parts with statistical analysis and data driven approach - Develop reliability test method on part level and ensure the test/design objectives are met - Develop IQC, IPQC, OQC plan and ensure parts ship per Quality/Product Design/Industrial Design requirement for both dimensional and cosmetic criteria for each NPI engineering build and in MP - Lead IQC and OQC alignment and ensure measurement correlation between vendors - Responsible for driving failure analysis and corrective actions on quality issues - Drive vendor and work with cross functional team to meet yield targets in engineering builds and in ramp - Provide technical direction and guidance to vendor quality engineer, develops supplier capability (including necessary training), establish proper reporting of in-process and final inspection, test results, yields and top issues results to Apple - Present/update to operations and design team executives on top issues and progress on yield targets on regular basis - International Travel may be required
Education & Experience
Pursing a BS or MS in Manufacturing/Mechanical/Industrial/Electrical or equivalent. You are additionally required to return to school after the internship to continue education or an internship needs to be required for graduation from your school. You also qualify if accepted into a graduate program after graduation.