Senior Program Manager of Security and Compliance, Internet Services for China
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
China is one of Apple’s largest and most important markets for Internet Services! We are looking for a great Senior Program Manager to help manage regulatory compliance, security, technical, and operational risks in support of our Internet Services in China. You take ownership and feel a personal stake in your projects; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly with integrity and able to manage conflict; you learn how things work fast and strive to bring order to uncertainty while working for the success of the entire ecosystem; you have judgement and make decisions; you keep your eye on the ball, build strong relationships without getting mired in politics; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you see around corners and deliver on-time.
- Proven track record in program or product management in complex and large scale Internet service projects.
- Ability to quickly understand new technologies and make substantive recommendations on technical architecture Experience negotiating and building relationships with internal and external partners.
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive.
- Naturally accountable and responsible.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Strong facilitation skills for cross-function collaboration
- Drive process improvements through tools and other efficiencies
- Experience architecting, developing, or operating Internet services is strongly desired, but a demonstrated ability to learn these areas be considered
- Experience navigating various regulatory and security compliance requirements in highly regulated geography and industry (e.g.: China), is strongly desired.
- Proficiency in Mandarin or experience working in China is strongly desired.
We're looking for someone with proven track record owning and delivering complex and large scale projects under demanding business goals and unique geopolitical challenges to manage regulatory compliance, security, technical, and operation risk. You take ownership and understand how our projects intersect with business, engineering, finance, operation, legal, regulatory and security compliance. You build strong relationships across Apple, with our partners and vendors. You will drive negotiations, both internally and externally and help drive execution of those agreements. While this is not a pure technical role, the responsibilities include driving and influencing engineering requirements with teams across Apple. Understanding technical details, issues and effective communication with all roles from engineering, legal, business to executives is a requirement. This is a hands-on position. The Program Manager participates in requirements analysis, functional, architecture design and technical operation discussions, working with internal and external partners, and more. You will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery.