CPU Processor Custom Memory Verification Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Are you ready to join Apple and revolutionize CPU development? We are looking for a strong candidate to join our processor verification team focusing on the custom memory verification. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a chip design effort collaborating with all disciplines, with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers quickly.
- The ideal candidate should have 2+ years of processor verification experience.
- In-depth knowledge of digital logic, micro-processor and memory (SRAM) design and usage.
- Expertise in developing testplans, testbenches, System Verilog and System Verilog assertions.
- Experience with advanced verification techniques such as formal and assertions is a plus.
- Should be an extraordinary teammate with excellent communication skills and be able to work independently on the verification efforts for a block/area of the design.
As a Custom Memory Verification Engineer, you will have the responsibilities as follows: • Work closely with Memory designers on verifying the functionality correctness of the custom memories that is used in the CPU design. • Work closely with CPU RTL designs on memory use case verification including both function and power intent verification. • Develop test plans and unit test environments. • Develop tests in System Verilog and System Verilog Assertions according to test plans to drive testing in simulation. • Work closely with Power Management Verification on bringup and debug of NLP (Natural Low Power) using UPF or power aware Verilog. • Root cause failing tests.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science is required.