Tools & Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems team (WTE) and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. The WTE Quality team is looking for motivated, highly technical Wireless Engineer with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills. You will join the Quality Engineering team responsible for automation of Interoperability testing of NFC for ApplePay, Transit and Access.
- Proven experience in/using Python/C/C++ and/or Java.
- Experience in crafting, writing, and automating test cases for specific features.
- Shown ability to lead a complete functional area of an application or product
- You are experienced with SQA methodologies & practices, filing bug reports.
- You understand Git and other system softwares.
- Knowledge or experience of ISO14443 application layer and/or Global Platform/EMV standards and/or Java Card a plus but not mandatory.
- You thrive in a reciprocal environment and can clearly communicate while driving multiple projects across many teams
- You are fervently hardworking and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
- You are laser-focused on the smallest details that are significant to our customers
- Results oriented and excellent debugging skills
- Excellent writing and social skills
- In-depth understanding of OS X, Windows and/or Unix)
You will join a diverse team responsible for qualifying NFC Use Cases on Apple's innovative devices. As a part of this team, you will be responsible for automating Interoperability testing for NFC Use cases on Apple devices, reporting test results and filing quality bug reports. You will also be engaged in driving terminal vendors for successful integration of terminals into the existing framework. The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a cross functional, dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. You will take an active role in crafting the quality of innovative applications using emerging new technologies. You will be deeply coordinated with our development engineers, developing test plans, automating unit tests, and supporting design reviews and collaborating with multi-functional teams to drive projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering