Data Analytics Developer, People Analytics
Seattle, Washington, United States
Apple’s People Analytics team is accountable for equipping our business leaders and partners with data-driven insights to make the best decisions about people — individuals, teams, and organizations. This close-knit, highly productive, and well-regarded team is looking for a key player to help deliver on its vision of democratizing talent insights through research and technology by scaling Apple’s people analytics architecture and solutions - HRBI (human resources business intelligence). Your work will have a direct and measurable impact to Apple and its employees. As a senior member on Data Analytics team, you will design, develop and program methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse data sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for Apple’s leadership teams, people partners, recruiters, and other business leaders. You will engage with our business partners to understand their analytics requirements, identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Through collaboration with engineers and system architects, you will implement these solutions in a production environment, and be responsible for their ongoing analytic operation. The ideal candidate will be an individual with strong problem solving and analytical skills along with equally strong communication and influencing skills. On this team, you will push the limits of existing data analytics capabilities while delivering tangible business value. This position can be based in Seattle, WA or Austin, TX.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an analytics and data engineering role
- Mastery of relational databases including SQL
- A proven foundation in data modeling, data analytics, including at least 3 years of relevant business or people analytics experience, and a commitment to data governance
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical and non-technical partners and drive collaboration
- Experience with Python or any scripting language
- Experience in implementing data science pipelines, analyses, and applications in a programming language such as Python or R
- Working knowledge of large-scale distributed systems such as Hadoop and Spark a plus
- Experience with Tableau a plus
- Ability to translate business processes and data into analytics solutions
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to translate business needs into data requirements, develop data models, and deliver solutions for customers
- Ability to pivot between widely divergent tasks and subject matter on short notice, and rapidly adapt to varied audiences
- A record of adding value to work outcomes through innovation and an orientation toward continuous refinement and improvement
- Highly thorough and attentive to detail
- Creativity to engineer novel features and signals, and to push beyond current tools and approaches
- Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. - Develop end-to-end automated data pipelines to support integrated analytics products spanning recruiting, workforce management, employee sensing, compensation and other areas. - Interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers. - Translate complex data and process concepts into scalable and performant analytical data models that power our visualization analytics platform. - Design and build insightful alerts and data validation frameworks. - Continuously implement code / performance optimizations and development process improvements. - Research new technologies and methods across data science, data engineering, and data visualization to improve the technical capabilities of the team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.