NFC Interoperability Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems team (WTE) and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. The WTE Quality team is looking for motivated, highly technical lead/manager with excellent problem solving and communication skills. You will own the Quality Engineering team responsible for automation and testing of Interoperability for NFC use cases such as ApplePay, Transit and Access.
- Proven experience in/using Python/C/C++ and/or Java.
- Experience in crafting, writing, and automating test cases for specific features.
- Proven track record to lead a complete functional area of an application or product
- 1-2 years of proven ability to lead and develop team of engineers
- You are experienced with SQA methodologies & practices, filing bug reports.
- You understand Git and other system softwares.
- Preferred experience and knowledge of ISO14443 application layer and/or Global Platform/EMV standards and/or Java Card.
- You thrive in a reciprocal environment and can clearly communicate while driving multiple projects across many teams
- You are passionate hardworking and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
- You are laser-focused on the smallest details that are significant to our customers
- Results oriented and excellent debugging skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- In-depth understanding of OS X, Windows and/or Unix
You will join a diverse team responsible for qualifying NFC Use Cases on Apple's innovative devices. As a part of this team, you will be responsible for leading a team to qualify and automate Interoperability testing for NFC Use cases on Apple devices, reporting test results and filing quality bug reports. You will also be engaged in driving terminal vendors for successful integration of terminals into the existing framework. The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a multi-functional, multifaceted and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and constantly evolving domain. You will take an active role in crafting the quality of innovative applications using emerging new technologies. You will be deeply coordinated with our development engineers, developing test plans, automating unit tests, and supporting design reviews and collaborating with cross functional teams to drive projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering
- You should possess the ability to quickly grasp & distill highly sophisticated matters into clean, understandable solutions, delivering clearly detailed test plans. The applicant will be an effective diplomat with strong communication & organizational skills. To succeed here, you'll need above all to be passionate about shipping a NFC experience that is the best of its kind.