Project Manager, AppleCare Business Process Reengineering (BPR)
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! In AppleCare BPR (Business Process Re-engineering), we view inclusion and diversity as critical for innovation. That’s because our Project Managers lead the most challenging cross-functional projects in AppleCare; ones that involve multiple systems and drive complex changes across the AppleCare organization and beyond. We convert ambiguity and uncertainty into order, and we know how to execute big projects successfully. In this role, you will plan, mobilize, and execute medium to large scale projects, ensuring system changes are well tested and signed off by users before moving into production. You will be the prime mover of your projects including scoping, resource planning, communications and project governance, risk management, change management, and readiness. You’ll connect the dots, build trust and understanding between groups, and orchestrate the multitude of activities needed to make your projects successful. The ideal candidate will have experience managing medium to large, global projects that interweave multiple teams and/or multiple systems.
- Experience planning, managing, and successfully delivering medium (6-8 month) to large (8-12+ month) systems projects.
- Understanding of systems implementation and development lifecycles.
- Experience with global projects, incorporating regional and country-specific details.
- Proven expertise in leading and maintaining project team’s awareness of big picture objectives while also helping them navigate the details.
- Clear, well-curated written and verbal communication, including polished executive presentations.
- Creative, able to brainstorm solutions and contribute new strategies and options for all projects.
- Organized, knows how to document project activity and structure information in easily findable ways; adept at leading multiple projects or project tracks simultaneously.
- Analytical, able to investigate business or systems problems to expose root causes and identify solution options.
- Able to diagram business process flows and elicit business requirements, user stories, and use cases.
- Able to develop options and broker decisions across diverse project and management teams; assess and mitigate project risks and respond with urgency to emerging issues
- Able to navigate through ambiguity to clarify objectives and execution plans; unafraid to forge a new path toward an objective that’s never been done before.
- Conversant with common applications for productivity, collaboration, and project planning.
- Service support, warranty contract, and/or reverse logistics experience preferred.
- Project management certification a plus.
As a BPR Project Manager, you will: Organize, plan, and manage projects using AppleCare BPR’s best practices for consistently high-quality results. Host core team, leadership, and steering committee meetings, keeping core and management teams well informed about project developments in a dynamic environment. Lead geographically dispersed, cross-functional teams, including collaborations with third party partners. Balance project scope, schedule, and budget constraints with business needs and expectations. Identify and engage all resources needed to mobilize projects. Establish project roadmaps and schedules, keeping activities on track to major milestones. Work with core team to prioritize and assign project tasks to team members. Manage project risk throughout the life of the project. Identify, document, and drive resolution of project issues. Identify key decision points/options/recommendations for the project and broker decisions/agreements on direction with steering committee and other affected stakeholders, including third party partners. Elicit requirements/user stories/use cases from business experts. Run workshops for business-owned deliverables, and partner with technical teams to plan effective workshops for technical deliverables. Ensure system changes are fully tested and signed off by users before moving into production. Ensure business teams and partners are prepared for project-driven system and process changes, including training plans to transfer knowledge from project team to sustaining teams. Manage project approvals and supporting documentation. Facilitate capital planning for new projects and project scope changes, including business justifications and strategic roadmaps.
Education & Experience
Bachelor degree required. MBA or Ph.D. a plus