iPhone/Core Technologies Quality
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Join the dynamic Product Operations team. In this highly visible role, you will lead the Operations technical team during the next generation product’s development and high volume production. As the technical lead for a product line, you will partner closely with multiple multi-functional teams during all phases of development to enable the product success.
- Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Exceptional ability to build relationships; clear, consistent communication; data-driven and results- oriented; enthusiastic and motivated
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, who seeks to pursue everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details and able to use data forensics to solve complex manufacturing assembly quality issues
- Industry experience in one or more of the following disciplines: New Product Introduction / Design Engineering / Manufacturing Operations
- Experience partnering with off-shore manufacturers, high volume production and traveling to manufacturing sites
- Direct experience managing a functional engineering teams (ME, EE, TE, DFX or other)
- Ability to travel internationally about 30%.
To be a successful team member within Product Operations you will lead and manage the Operations technical team (DFx, DFm, Test, SQE, PQE and others) during product development and high volume production. As the senior technical advisor for the product line, you will partner closely with the Engineering throughout the lifecycle of development to enable operational success through to mass production. • Ensure operational technical readiness for all phases of the introduction cycle, including driving contract manufacturer preparation for pre-production builds • Own and drive key operational metrics including yield and UPH to ensure complete ramp readiness • Drive process development, documentation, optimization and validation, including all equipment requirement plans • Develop and implement new technologies to enhance production quality, capacity and efficiency • Provide regular VP level communication of technical health of program. • Generate Product Quality Plan (PQP) • Monitor Outgoing Quality Control (OQC) and Customer Audit (CA) processes at OEM sites • Handle and triage quality critical issues • Drive ongoing product improvements with OEM partners • Support AppleCare Service & Engineering on specific requests • Conduct periodic reviews of Field/Factory Quality Data with OEM partners • Leads Weekly Quality Improvement Forums • Generate monthly Product Health summary • Support and attend new product development builds as required
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Engineering, MBA a plus
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese preferred