Loading Dock Team Member
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. When you bring passion and dedication to your job, there's no telling what you can accomplish! We’re looking for a Loading Dock Team Member for the Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services (SRM) department in Santa Clara Valley. Come and do the best and most exciting work of your career at Apple. In this role, you will support loading dock operations at Apple Park. You will follow departmental procedures, schedule deliveries, assign loading docks for incoming deliveries, coordinate traffic flow, deliver packages, and provide great customer service.
- 3+ years experience working on a loading dock, warehouse, mail facility or similar experience.
- Material handling skills, including ability to use motorized and manual equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
- Requires a valid driver license and at least 25 years of age in compliance with fleet insurance requirements.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following: Scheduling or calendar, logistics tracking and database software, experience with BearTracks and FileMaker Pro is a plus, Numbers or Excel and Pages or Word.
- Able to perform the following types of physical activities: Lift up to 50 pounds, Push/pull to move equipment, Bend/stoop/squat/kneel, and Reach above shoulders.
- Must be comfortable working in a warehouse or loading dock environment, with exposure to varied weather conditions.
- Behaves with a sense of urgency. Remains engaged and bought in on the department's mission and goals.
- Adopts and promotes Apple’s values and policies.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.Must be a proactive teammate and problem solver who digs into the details to make positive contributions. Works collaboratively across all levels and genuine sense of curiosity.Works well under pressure, maintains composure and integrity, exercises good judgement.
- Inventive and adaptable to changing needs.
Adheres to high level of standards for incoming and outgoing deliveries, including strict check-in/check-out processes. Creates reservations using scheduling software and inputs additional information about deliveries upon arrival. Stops vehicles before entering to verify delivery reservation information and confirm driver identity. Coordinates with dock staff to assign a dock for each delivery, and maintains safe traffic flows. Assists with the delivery of materials from the loading dock to campus locations and follows check-out procedures when drivers depart facility. Communicates quickly and efficiently with staff and customers. Quickly responds to emails, texts and phone calls in order to provide a high standard of service to customers and colleagues. Open to performing in all loading dock-related roles and to learning new skills Cross-trained to support other Shipping, Receiving, and Mail Services activities. Remains flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.