Head of Studio IT Apple TV+ IS&T
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, fresh ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Apple TV+ IS&T team is responsible for the technology strategy, delivery, and sustainment of IT solutions that enable the studio and production lines of business for Apple TV+. We ensure technology and business strategy remain tightly aligned through cross-functional partnership, knowledge of industry trends, and familiarity with the Apple corporate systems landscape. We work closely with leadership, business personnel, digital content protection, and others to deliver technology solutions that meet the evolving demands of a high growth organization. We are looking for a senior leader who has designed, scaled, and ran a comprehensive portfolio of integrated technology services that support all functional domains across a media/entertainment studio. The Head of Studio IT is responsible for partnering closely with studio executive leadership to understand needs and ensure IT solutions are delivered, supported, and a roadmap exists that aligns to business direction. You will influence the direction of the Apple TV+ IS&T team, to maintain an integrated ecosystem of technologies and processes across all business domains (e.g. Finance, Legal, Creative, Production, Marketing).
- Deep knowledge of studio processes/workflows and how they interrelate across functional domains such as finance, business affairs, legal, creative, production, marketing, and publicity
- Consistent record of hyper-scaling studio and production technology programs to build a comprehensive, integrated, and global ecosystem
- Strong understanding of production budgeting, forecasting, and green light modeling for episodic and feature film projects
- In depth experience leading the complete IT lifecycle of studio scale episodic and feature film production from on-boarding through wrap
- Proficiency with production accounting processes and technologies, including common payroll service providers such as Entertainment Partners and Cast & Crew
- Exposure with all phases and core workflows of production, including production administration, production finance, VFX, and post-production
- Comprehensive understanding of studio legal workflows such as contract management, rights management, production on-boarding, wrap document delivery, clearances, and credit reviews
- We value a strong dedication to employee development!
- Strategic mentality with outstanding problem solving and critical thinking skills
Lead the Apple TV+ IS&T team, promoting a culture of employee development, innovation, collaboration, and high performance Define the team interpersonal structure, composition (e.g. employee, contractor, external vendor), and plan to ensure effective service delivery Maintain accountability for the planning, delivery, and support of all IT solutions and services needed for Apple TV+ content production Partner closely with cross-functional leadership (e.g. studio, production, security) to ensure alignment of strategy, priorities, and expectations Handle IT financial forecasts/budgets for capital projects, studio operating expenses, and production technology services
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred