Manager of Facilities Building Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In RE&D, we don’t sit back and let things happen, we make things happen, and we do this in service to all Apple employees and customers. Our team is a diverse and nimble group that manages Apple’s workplaces and workplace services. We develop and manage Apple’s global real estate portfolio, lead all related capital construction projects, provide outstanding facilities and site services, develop and lead sustainability initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of all Apple facilities, including commute and renewable energy programs, and do everything we can to ensure the health and safety of all Apple personnel, facilities, and customers in our facilities around the world. We are seeking an experienced, collaborative, and highly motivated facilities professional to join our team that oversees the management, operations and occupant services of facilities in Santa Clara Valley.
- 8+ years experience in facilities operations customer services and people management.
- Excellent leadership, communication and supervisory skills, including experience working with all levels of an organization and ability to manage customer services issues involving employees in a professional and positive manner.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with the upkeep and functions of buildings.
- Works with peers, directs and management to promote and maintain a collaborative workplace.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Thrives in a complex and changing environment.
- Thinks critically and creatively about how to regularly improve process and operations.
- Extremely proactive, responsive, and upbeat with strong organizational skills.
- Overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation of policies, procedures, and programs that will assure well-managed, well-maintained buildings and facilities.
- Work side-by-side with RE&D partners such as Project Management, Real Estate, Commute and Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Advocate customer needs internally to continuously improve the customer experience through product and process.
- Manages major relocations of people and labs including reconfigurations, new building construction and internal building shuffles.
- Continuously evaluate and identify innovative ways to streamline processes.
- Communicate to building occupants information regarding events, closures, construction and other building impacts.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarization with tools such as Integrated Workplace Management Solutions, service request management, MS Office/iWork and Box.
The Manager of Facilities Building Management will oversee a team whose portfolio includes several million square feet of office, lab, and collaboration spaces as well as exteriors and grounds throughout Santa Clara Valley. Facilities Building Managers are the central resource to building occupant groups for all facilities services and support.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree preferred