Software Quality Engineer - Media
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we're looking for individuals like you. The Media Systems QE team is seeking a self-motivated Software Quality Engineer to ensure a stellar Media Experience across the Apple Ecosystem. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, including Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Apple Watch and AirPods/Beats line of Products. We are looking for someone with established QA experience both in manual testing and automation; excellent interpersonal skills and a dream to work in a fast-paced environment.
- 3+ yrs. experience in developing and executing manual / automated tests
- Proficiency in Python or similar OOP languages
- Quality communication skills in listening, open-mindedness, cohesion and clarity
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills and a standout colleague
- Unwillingness to settle for a product that is merely “good enough.”
We ensure our customers have the best experience when they enjoy a movie, capture their life’s best moments, FaceTime with their loved ones, and relive their favorite Memories through a curated collection of meaningful photos and videos. In this role, you will create Test Plans, develop manual/automated Functional and Performance tests, execute tests, report bugs, and assess overall product quality for Media System Frameworks across Apple's existing and new products.
Education & Experience
BS in CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience
- Creating Tools (Apps, scripts, etc.) to help with validation efforts
- Working with development engineers to debug issues
- Reporting current quality of existing technologies and new features