Service Delivery Operations Manager, Wallet & Apple Pay
New York City, New York, United States
The Apple Wallet, Payments, and Commerce team is rapidly growing, entering new markets and adding innovative new features to our products. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Apple Pay is the leading mobile payments platform for in-store and online payments, and Apple Card has been the most successful credit card launch in history. And we’re just getting started! Join the Apple Pay Wallet and Payments Operations team, working within our organization to understand, develop and improve our processes to support our customers, and measure our impact on the experience. In this role you will help us define our future vision, build operational capabilities, and drive launch readiness of new product features. You will also play a key role in building and development of a team of Program Managers focused on product and service operations initiatives. You should have significant leadership experience and subject matter expertise in financial services delivery and product operations, risk, payments, e-commerce, customer insights, organizational change and launch readiness. This senior role is full-time and will be based in Austin, TX or New York City, NY.
- Experienced in the Financial services industry, credit card, mobile commerce, digital wallet and payments operations
- Deep knowledge of credit and payments operations, regulations, risk and payment network policies - capabilities, use cases, requirements and workflows
- Experienced in developing technology based financial products, including launching and scaling service operations
- Demonstrated success in leading Customer Insights and Servicing Operations teams
- Experience in building and developing a robust team of subject matter experts
- Experience managing programs and customer service technology solutions
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing, and unpredictable work environment
- Ability to synthesize complex topics and distill key business dynamics to senior leaders and partners
- Analytical and creative problem solver with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- Demonstrated ability to deliver large scale projects on-time with consistently successful results while working across departments and time zones
- Experience developing and driving process and systems automation and expanding those initiatives to scale.
- Solid ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrixed organization
- Experience in designing and improving operational processes and workflows for the most efficient and effective service experience (Lean Six Sigma)
In this role, it is crucial that you develop a strong working relationship with each of your partners. You should be an excellent communicator who is self-motivated and is comfortable working in a global, matrix, fast-paced environment. You will work cross-functionally with a variety of internal groups as well as with external partners, to improve the quality of our services and efficiency and scalability of our operations. Hands-on leader, who takes full accountability from conception through implementation of critical operational initiatives in support of our payments products Build and lead a robust product and service delivery team Support teams on medium/long-term planning, resourcing and organizational design Drive operational reviews and rhythm of the business that use analysis and established critical metrics Identify, scope and drive critical projects and initiatives, partnering with cross-functional teams across the organization Drive efficiency of our payments products servicing work-streams to ensure outstanding customer service and support Develop and drive improvements across internal and external partners to create best-in-class operational experiences through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach Collaborate with Apple Card and Apple Cash partners to build improved experiences in the disputes, payments, and fraud operations areas Work closely with cross-functional teams, such as Product, Marketing, Retail, AppleCare, and Engineering to ensure outstanding customer experience, service and support Define implications of current and potential trends and action plans; translate data and insights into initiatives that drive impact and improve customer experience Lead operational readiness of new features or policy changes Lead regularly scheduled, cross-functional updates and business reviews Engage with colleagues across cross-functional teams to identify integration points and dependencies, and developing high level solution proposals for these integrations Effectively handle partners, subject matter authorities, executives and other internal groups through effective written and verbal communication Run change. Implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach Some travel required (20-25%)
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Business, Finance, Engineering or a related field required. MBA or a relevant post graduate degree is a plus. Minimum 10+ years of professional experience required. Minimum 5+ years of people management experience required. Prior experience in management consulting or product operations at a tech company and/or startup is a plus.