Sr. Business Operations Manager, Apple Pay and Wallet
Austin, Texas, United States
The Apple Wallet, Payments, and Commerce team is rapidly growing, entering new markets and adding innovative new features to our products. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Apple Pay is the leading mobile payments platform for in-store and online payments, and Apple Card has been the most successful credit card launch in history. And we’re just getting started! Join the Apple Pay Wallet and Payments Operations team working within our organization to understand, develop and improve our processes to support our customers, and measure our impact on the experience. You will help us define our future vision, build operational capabilities, and drive launch readiness of new features. In addition, you will work closely with cross-functional teams, such as Product, Marketing, Retail, AppleCare, and Engineering teams. You should have significant experience in financial services delivery and operations, customer advocacy and service operations. This role is full-time and will be located in Austin, TX.
- Experience in the Financial services industry, credit card and payments related operations experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of dispute processes, regulations, and payment network policies
- Subject matter expertise in fraud operations including systems and workflows
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and get results in a new space
- Passion for digging deep into a subject matter area
- Ability to collaborate with different teams, utilize outstanding influencing skills, and demonstrate strong senior-level/executive communication abilities.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing, and unpredictable work environment
- Ability to synthesize complex topics and distill key business dynamics to senior leaders and partners
- Analytical and creative problem solver with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- Ability to deliver large scale projects on-time with consistently successful results while working across departments and time zones
- Solid ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrixed organization
- High level of proficiency crafting high impact presentations using Keynote (or MS PowerPoint) to clearly articulate solutions.
- Collaborative, flexible and open working style, with an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
In this role, it is crucial that you develop a strong working relationship with each of your partners. You should be an excellent communicator who is self-motivated and is comfortable working in a global, matrix, fast-paced environment. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with a variety of internal groups as well as with external partners, to improve the quality of our services and efficiency and scalability of our operations. Drive efficiency and effectiveness of our payment products servicing work-streams to ensure outstanding customer service and support Develop and drive improvements across internal and external partners to create best-in-class operational experiences through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach Collaborate with Apple Card and Apple Cash partners to build improved experiences in the disputes and fraud operations areas Run operational readiness of new features or policy changes Lead regularly scheduled, cross-functional updates and business reviews Engage with colleagues across cross-functional teams to identify integration points and dependencies, and developing high level solution proposals for these integrations Effectively handle partners, subject matter experts, executives and other internal groups through effective written and verbal communication Role requires 15-20% travel
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Business, Finance, Engineering or a related field required. MBA or a relevant post graduate degree is a plus. Minimum 8+ years of professional experience required. Prior experience in management consulting or product operations at a tech company and/or startup is a plus.