Hardware System Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this position, the candidate will be working for the Hardware Validation Engineering (HVE) team on post-Silicon hardware system validation of next generation Mac and iPad systems. Our Engineering Team is responsible for architecting new ways to test new system hardware to catch issues early in the product life cycle for both silicon and system hardware. You will be a key technical contributor and will utilize your in-depth system knowledge to target testing on new silicons or system architecture.
- Reviewing System and platform and silicon architecture and identifying key areas for HW validation
- Writing Test plan and execution strategy for exercising multiple area of the platform.
- Developing and optimizing the framework, tools and tests to create a controlled validation environment for small and large scale validation
- Creating software checks to compare observed behavior against expected behavior that is derived from specification
- Generating focused and pseudo random test cases of various configurations based on coverage analysis
- Debugging failures from internal and cross functional teams, across SW/FW and System HW and Silicon teams to arrive at root cause
The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science with at least 4 years of experience as a post-Silicon Validation engineer. Additional Qualifications: - Previous experience in pre-silicon or post-silicon validation - Strong background in computer architecture and IO protocols (PCIe, USB) - Programming experience in Python and Shell scripting - Understanding of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms - Outstanding communication and team work skills Preferred Skills: - Familiar with System Power management - Test automation experience and large scale testing - Protocol analyzers, oscilloscope
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science