SwiftUI Mac Framework Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you love the Mac and want to help define the future of macOS app development? Join the SwiftUI Mac team and work on the next generation of SwiftUI features used across macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. On this team, you will be in a dynamic and inspiring environment that not only encourages, but requires constant curiosity and growth to solve the challenges we take on. Help us solve those problems with the innovation and passion you’d expect at Apple, and shape the next decade of app development!
- Proficiency with Swift, Objective-C, or C++
- The ability to work collaboratively and explain complex ideas clearly
- Thoughtfulness and empathy in designing APIs
As a member of the SwiftUI Mac team, you will join us in developing future SwiftUI features and APIs that impact all of Apple’s platforms. You will be responsible for bringing your ideas to life through all stages of their development: from initial research, to API design and proposals, to testing and development in Swift, to documentation and offering guidance to adopters. You’ll join us in energetic discussions on each other’s work and ideas, alongside people from different teams and perspectives. We work closely with the SwiftUI teams on other platforms as well as AppKit and UIKit teams, and you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with other cross-functional teams across Apple: including developer tools, graphical designers, and technical writers. Throughout the entire process, you will be working through problems that involve learning and developing your skills. Our team combines the proud heritage of Cocoa with a Swift-first mindset and SwiftUI design goals, with members that come from varied backgrounds. Our shared passion is coming up with creative and elegant ways to express the rich capabilities of the Mac using the expressivity of Swift, and our goal is to enable everyone to be able to write great apps for the Mac — if you feel the same way, we’d love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
Bachelorʼs Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. We are looking to hire at all experience levels, including from non-traditional backgrounds.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus, but not required:
- - Background in macOS app development or design
- - Familiarity with AppKit, UIKit, or other Cocoa frameworks
- - Expertise in Swift and the Swift Standard Library or SwiftUI APIs
- - Previous work on framework development
- - Technical writing experience
- - Experience or interest in educating others