WATCH EE - PYTHON COEX DATA CHAMP

Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Hardware

Summary

Posted:
Role Number:200194976
The Watch System EE Validation team is looking for a motivated engineer who is highly skilled at employing software means to find problems in hardware. Discover customer issues hidden in the big data of design and manufacturing, and in the millions of shipping Apple Watches. Discover the 'hidden schematic' of system coexistence, the various ways a noise source couples and affects any health sensor or motion sensor. With so many components packed together, did we build a noise immune design? If you are a hands-on problem solver who has an analytical mindset, enjoys applying knowledge, and learning new things, come and join our team.

Key Qualifications

  • Your three (3) years of related industry engineering experience is required and will immediately make you a contributing member of the team.
  • Critical thinker who is detail oriented and innately curious
  • Team collaborator with excellent interpersonal communication skills who thrives in a cross-functional environment
  • Your current team considers you strong at Python and have experience collaborating on projects with thousands of lines of code
  • Experience with sampled systems and digital signal processing
  • Experience dealing with gigabytes of data, and applying various statistical analysis techniques
  • Possess good electrical engineering fundamentals for grasping schematics, system architecture, and circuits
  • You enjoy travel overseas

Description

You will spend your time working multi-functionally to design, develop, and implement tests for design-of-experiments, and at-scale data collection in the factory. A critical aspect is ensuring the data pipeline between the factory and multiple teams is continuously delivering the data of interest. About 75% of your time will be spent in Python development, factory activities and data analysis (see below), with remaining 25% time spent in hardware design. - Chip in to the system coex factory data collection scripts, which collect a wide variety of sensor data; Custom build scripts for debugging coex issues - Create test plans, and review with cross-functional teams - Ensure proper figure-of-merits, and filters are applied to the raw dataset - Use data to analyze and understand relevant factors that might be the cause - Deep dive into data and outliers, applying relevant mathematical, statistical, signal processing, and visualization techniques NICE TO HAVE - Skilled in mathematical analysis - Experience with health-related technologies and sensors - Embedded system design experience - Hardware validation and/or hardware design experience - Experience with various radio technologies (LTE, WiFi, and BlueTooth)

Education & Experience

A BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering is strongly preferred. Equivalent experience with a degree in another field, such as Physics, is acceptable.

Additional Requirements