AppleCare Business Development Manager
Beijing, Beijing, China
Sales and Business Development
At Apple, we believe in hard work, a fun environment, and the creativity and innovation that only comes about when hardworking people from diverse backgrounds approach problems from varying perspectives The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Building this environment starts with YOU! Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. As part of the AppleCare Business Development team, you will partner and collaborate closely with the Sales channel management teams as well as key external partners to drive AppleCare attach and growth. Reporting to the Greater China AppleCare Sales Senior Manager, the role is based in Beijing and will require substantial travel.
- Business experience (project or marketing) with leading digital platforms (online shopping, social media and etc.) is preferred
- 5-10+ years of experience in consumer electronics or retail business development (Strong program management experience).
- Advanced analytics and reporting skills.
- Functional experience with database and reporting systems.
- Excellent presentation, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with strong networking ability.
- Deep understanding of the reseller and distribution channels in China in order to build successful programs which drive sales uplifts.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills required to sell-in programs to partners.
- High comfort in dealing with senior exec levels within Apple and at the Partner account level.
- Proven effective relationship builder within a matrix environment at local and regional levels.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- You demonstrate a passion, energy and focus on developing and growing multi-million dollar business programs in China.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Execution experience.
- Experience and understanding of the China market is ideal.
As the AppleCare Sales Partner your role is to increase the Agreement sales (Attach Rates) within the channel partners and routes to market (RTM’s). You will partner closely with Apple sales RTM managers and will be responsible for the creation and implementation of programmatic roll-out, resources, documentation, administration, compliance, communications, and performance in support of AppleCare sales. - You'll build, manage, and communicate readiness plans for partner launches and conduct and action postmortem assessments to improve future program implementations. - Construct program offerings through an understanding of sales objectives, trends, leadership requests, market research, and channel performance. - Management of program operations, such as program scope, KPIs, coverage data, communications, and action plan tracking. - Delivering program development resources, such as training content, engagement activities, communications to participants, and program updates. - Establishing and reporting on critical metrics, to track program results to the intended business outcomes. The results will then be used to support future program development. - Spearhead the cross-functional review and involvement in programmatic resources. - Communication and reporting of program performance to leadership teams, finance, external partners, and cross-functional partners. - Build and implement Sales performance management programs growing the attach rates and sales revenues with our Partners. - Performance tracking at channel and partner level with regards to sales performance programs. - Develop and carry out the communication strategy (use of marketing assets, branding, communication) together with the “Channel Communication team” on the finished goods' side. - Establish and execute POS sales training strategy together with Sales Business Development - Managers and Finished Goods Training teams and the external insurance partners.
Education & Experience
MS/MBA preferred Insurance/Extended Warranty products background is a plus Proficiency in written and spoken Chinese Strong English proficiency and presentation skills.
- Up to 50% travel required with an average of at least one week out of every month.