Photonics Test Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day! Apple is looking for a Photonics Test Development Engineer to actively participate in testing of integrated photonics. This person will be responsible for testing new photonic structures, from tester implementation to characterization and data analysis. This person will play an important role in the bring up and development of the next generation photonic systems.
- Solid background with photonic devices, including lasers, passive and active components, etc.; experience with photonic circuits is preferred
- Experience setting up optical and electrical test stations
- Solid understanding of optical fundamentals, i.e. polarization, interference, dispersion, etc.
- Good programming skills, related to test automation and data analysis
- Experience with design of experiment and analyzing experimental results
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and facilitate collaboration between different departments
- Basic understanding of free space optics, circuit design, firmware, and software
- Design, implement and maintain optical and electrical test setups. - Responsible for design and implementation of testing procedures for new photonics ICs - Design and implementation of test infrastructure and testing of photonic devices - Participate in data analysis and necessary statistical analysis for performance assessment and photonic IC debugging. - Communicate results in a clear and effective manner.
Education & Experience
Masters in EE/Physics with optics background (3+ years of experience) or PhD in Optics, Physics or Electrical Engineering