Optical Sensing Hardware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Design, develop, and launch next-generation optical-sensing technologies. Bring devices to life and enable them interact with users and the environment in ways never imagined before. The optical sensing team integrates optical sensors across a variety of Apple products such as iPhones, iPads and Macs. The optical sensing team is looking for someone who is a self-driven go-getter. Strong experience with optics, optical system design, and detectors is required. Join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet.
- Strong background in optical design
- Experience with optical simulation (LightTools, FRED, Zemax, or similar)
- Hands-on with optical lab equipments (spectrophotometer, photo detector, light source, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience supporting volume manufacturing is a plus, such as failure analysis, statistical analysis, etc.
- Experience with display optics is a plus
You will be designing, developing and validating optical sensors. You will be expected to Analyze data to draw conclusions, enhance product design/manufacturability, and drive failure analysis. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Reliability Engineering and Process Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art sensing solutions. Optical sensor design through simulation and lab validation Data analysis using a variety of software tools to support engineering validation and characterization, such as Matlab, Python, JMP, etc. Failure mode analysis, root-cause diagnosis and corrective action implementation up to 10% travel required
Education & Experience
Degree in Optics, Physics or equivalent. B.S./M.S. with industry experience, or Ph.D.