Senior Software Engineer, Observability
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Come help us build the next generation platform for monitoring and observing services and infrastructure across Apple. This team is building software to provide full-stack observability of some of our most exciting services such as iCloud, Maps, Music, News, Apple Pay, and the infrastructure that these utilize. This involves collecting, processing, storing, and deriving intelligence from large volumes of telemetry data.
- 7+ years experience in building scalable, multi-tenant software, preferably in Java (or Scala).
- Solid understanding of concurrency control, data structures, algorithms and scalable system design.
- Experience with data processing technologies like Storm/ Flink/ Spark.
- A track record of building user-friendly end-to-end applications is a strong advantage.
- Ability to influence, drive consensus in a team of intelligent and opinionated engineers.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative working environment.
- Experience with observability systems (metrics, logs, traces) is desired.
- Experience using at least one NoSQL database such as Cassandra/ HBase is desired.
- Experience building applications using graph databases or indexing platforms such as ElasticSearch is desired.
As an engineer on the Observability team, you will: Design and implement micro services, data processing and event driven pipelines to ingest and enrich data. Model database schemas and implement efficient interactions with NoSQL databases to store large volumes of data. Utilize streaming solutions such as Kafka, spark, Flink to provide realtime insights from large datasets. Continually optimize the cost, throughput and reliability of the services. Work closely with cross-functional teams and users to enable effective and proactive application monitoring. Meet tight project deadlines, excel under pressure and be able to manage short and long term projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.