Manufacturing Design Engineer Intern
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, you will help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following manufacturing processes, hands-on experience preferred: Metal cutting/machining , Injection molding of plastics, Metal stamping and forging.
- Knowledge of finite element analysis - needs both understanding of principle and experience of implementation. Familiarity with at least one of the finite element analysis softwares, preferably ANSYS. Project experience of setting up, tuning and verifying complicated simulations preferred.
- Full dedication over a period of at least 3 months, preferably 6 months.
- Willing to travel to different locations and work in manufacturing environments.
- Able to work independently and without supervision.
- Able to quickly fit in a complicated organization and engage with key account holders. Enjoy engineering work and can have fun.
The role will focus on setting up FEA simulations for complicated manufacturing processes, either within Apple independently or by leveraging the capability of Apple’s OEM vendors. Your work will help to give better understanding of the process; to identify design optimization opportunities, to provide improvements to the current process or all fo the above.
Education & Experience
Mechanical/Mechanics major with interest in manufacturing.