Engineering Project Manager - Corporate Finance Systems
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Engineering Solutions group as an Engineering Project Manager to deliver innovative business solutions that serve all Apple Corporate Employees. The Engineering Solutions group at Apple primarily focuses on creative ways to engineer business solutions to meet the growing business needs of Apple's Finance and IT organizations. One of the key solutions in our portfolio is a mission critical packaged solution integrated into Apple’s complex eco system. It encompasses selectively ingesting high volume sales transactions and processing this data using complex business rules and provide summary and detailed reports. Other solutions in the portfolio involve custom home grown applications primarily using Java and related technologies, services and frameworks. As member of the technical and project team, you will play a critical role in understanding the functional aspects of the solution; working with external vendors to ensure high quality deliverables. Candidates should have a strong software engineering background with design and development experience in building mission critical applications on Java, OSX, iOS, or web platforms. Sound judgment, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong functional and technical leadership with the ability to drive decisions through consensus and influence change are must.
- Passionate in driving software development projects, architecture with working knowledge of the full SW development lifecycle.
- Proven ability to partner and collaborate with business teams to grasp business needs, processes and all related functional aspects; influence and deliver technical solutions.
- Experience implementing and managing packaged solution is a must.
- Conversant with application infrastructure upkeep, maintenance activities including upgrades and patching security vulnerabilities.
- Ability to multi-task and manage as well as assign tasks to dev team resources with varying priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to trouble shoot complex issues and solve business problems, identify bottlenecks and do performance tuning.
- Some facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
- Experience with on-prem, public/private cloud deployments and models.
- Experience in mobile computing and mobile app development environments is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Previous experience with java development preferred.
We are looking for an EPM to design and develop several key systems. As a part of Engineering Solutions team, you will own the full lifecycle management of SW systems and applications. Ideal candidate would be someone who is flexible, versatile, quality focused and intrigued by both the technical and functional aspects of a solution. Responsibilities: Liaison with business, technical and vendor teams. Own and review deliverables for accuracy, quality, application performance and completeness. Strive for top quality and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance system reliability, performance, and security. Chair and facilitate design and code reviews, set best practices, coding standards, occasionally assist in debugging and resolving urgent issues. Undertake technical and functional accountability for all deliverables. Effectively lead Developer team members from on-site and off-shore vendor teams; plan and assign tasks and be responsible for vendor deliverables. Define the scope of work, milestones, deliverables, and resources needed for the project.
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in CS or equivalent degree, plus minimum of 5 years SW development - Project management Certification a plus