Technical Artist, AR Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a Tech Artist who is ready to make an impact in a new and evolving domain? Apple is looking for people to play key roles by building amazing tools and pipelines or writing beautiful shaders for our suite of innovative AR and VR applications. As a member of this team, you'll be building innovative solutions with regards to tools and pipeline development or bringing high fidelity art direction to life for content production of Augmented and Virtual reality experiences. You'll bring your keen understanding of real time graphics and strong aesthetics, or pipelines and tools, to build visually stunning 3D content. Together, we'll be crafting an exciting future!
- Deep knowledge of 3D art principles and 3D mathematics
- Proficiency in DCC applications like Maya, Max, Motion Builder, Houdini, zBrush, Substance Design & Painter
- Proficiency in at least one game engine like RealityKit, SceneKit, Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Familiarity with at least one of these shading languages: Metal, HLSL, GLSL.
- Familiarity with at least one of these languages: Python, Swift, C# or C++
- A strong understanding and experience with designing and developing pipelines for assets and real time graphics.
- Experience with writing a mix of stylized and realistic shaders for real time use to translate concept art to runtime graphics.
- Strong collaboration with artists, leadership, developers and members of other teams to raise the rendering quality and ensure efficient creation and delivery of assets
- Experience with versioning tools like Git and Perforce.
- Experience optimizing runtime performance.
- Good sense of UI and UX design.
- Experience with modeling, rigging or other subject areas a huge plus.
As a Technical Artist in this role, you'll be working with our team to push the limits of the next generation of interactive computing. You'll be solving entirely new challenges in this new and exciting domain. You'll be focusing on areas like asset pipelines, developing visual style and content, and be crafting tools for artists in a wide range of subject areas. We work with a wide range of teams developing the state of the art in augmented reality technology, and you'll be working with them to bring our vision to life.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Digital Art or Interactive Media OR 3-6+ years shown experience as a Technical Artist. Experience crafting high quality visuals, especially with regards to real-time and AR/VR experiences.