Editorial Production Manager - Apple Video Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, our best work happens when extraordinary people meet extraordinary opportunity. Together in that rare context, we craft products and experiences that change the world, quickly becoming parts of our customers’ lives they couldn’t imagine ever having lived without. As our Editorial Production Manager in Apple's video services group, you will play a pivotal role in crafting how millions of consumers around the world discover and enjoy the best movies and television in the Apple TV app. It's a particularly exciting time to join our team as we are committed to the notion that a story well-told, well-visualized, and well-experienced, on a rapidly-expanding digital platform, can change the lives of those it reaches for the better. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team of incredibly hardworking producers whose charter is to define, refine, uphold, and advance the experience of discovering and consuming the best content in the world on Apple’s Video Platform.
- You bring 10-15+ years as a senior producer or program manager in tech, media or digital entertainment
- You have a proven track record in the delivery of impacting business results through partnerships across various teams
- Sees roadblocks as challenges to overcome and adapts to dynamic, sometimes unpredictable change seamlessly. Available to work evenings and/or weekends as the need arises.
- Savvy at tackling complex issues and providing creative solutions while collaborating across multiple teams.
- Technically proficient; able to interpret or define UI and UX paradigms in principle and practice alike.
- Undaunted by intense time pressure and precise delivery guidelines for highly visible and highly complex cross-functional Apple projects.
- Fluent in Apple’s ecosystem of hardware and services as well as pop culture and digital entertainment trends.
Editorial producers sit at the heart of the video business team at Apple. We work closely with our cross-functional partners in design, product, partner management, engineering, marketing and editorial curation teams to bring engaging content campaigns and curated experiences to life for our customers on the Apple TV app. We identify and understand priorities across a host of strategic aims, mapping out the plans that bring these aims together and drive vision to reality on our video platform collaboratively and on time. Our aim could be to articulate the perfect set of movies for a rainy day or drive subscriptions to a new streaming service, no matter the end goal, the editorial production team is the engine that brings all our efforts into reality on our platform. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment that functions at the speed of a startup and will care equally about the work and the people making it happen. You'll bring integrity, the ability to influence and inspire, a respect for confidentiality, and an overall sense of calm through urgency.
Education & Experience
BA/BS required Experience managing high-functioning teams required.