Front End Developer - Analytics, Marcom
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Interactive Technology organization is part of Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications Department (Marcom). Marcom designs and delivers the iconic brand images and experiences to various sites, apps and retail stores. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technologies and continue to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. Working with a variety of multi-functional teams, we bring it all together to deliver the interactive experiences with an excellent group of software engineers while having fun along the way. Apple is seeking an analytics focused Front End Developer. This developer will be tasked with helping lead analytics efforts for apple.com: participating in guiding technical long term strategy, architecting, and maintaining our internal analytics libraries, as well as partnering with the larger front-end team to implement our analytics solutions across apple.com.
- 7+ years experience front end development
- 3+ years experience in analytics implementation
- Proficient in the intersection of front end development and analytics
- Experience with analytics methodologies like A/B testing, tag management, and merchandising analytics
- Experience writing documentation and building unit tests
- Experience and familiarity with data layers and client-side data storage methods
- The ability to lead projects: participating in requirements gathering, implementation, and deployment
- The ability to partner with and lead other front end developers in long term projects
- Able to work with stakeholders and strategize on long term business plans
- Passionate about emerging web technologies
- Passionate about representing and educating other teams on your libraries / frameworks
- Inherent curiosity about data and developing robust and creative data collection methods
- Passionate in upholding the right to privacy for Apple’s customers
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and patient.
This role would be a part of an analytics and library development team that creates and maintains core analytics libraries that collect analytics for apple.com (http://apple.com). This team focuses on writing cleanly architected code to be deployed across multiple web properties. We closely coordinate with business shareholders to track and collect timely relevant data that helps drive and inform decisions. We are looking for someone who is self driven and thrives in a collaborative, innovative, and fast moving environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent work experience.