Localization Project Manager, Worldwide - Digital Content Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for an experienced project manager, who has seen many projects from conception to completion. A born communicator, with the ability to maintain tight relationships across a broad set of partner groups. Experience working with international teams is key, and a passion for top of class customer experiences. You thrive in leaving no rock unturned, and deal with ambiguity and paradox with grace. You have a background in product or software localization, and are process minded. Are you focused on great customer experience, and how truly localized content is key to successful business? This person will work closely with Worldwide Localization and Project Management counterparts to align on processes and best practices. This person will also work closely with the DCM team in Cupertino, as well as partner teams (including Marcom, Retail Marketing, Store Operations, and Retail Business), to spotlight localization interests within Worldwide and regional teams, in the digital commerce space. We're growing and encourage you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support to the team.
- 5+ years experience in running a portfolio of projects, either agency or client side.
- Working knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Experience in localization, internationalization, and/or globalization projects.
- Experience working in a dynamic production environment.
- You have validated skills to present excellent written documents and presentations.
- Experience working with international teams.
- Your extraordinary organization skills and ability to lead multiple projects at once makes you a master at multi-tasking and delivering quality and detail oriented work.
- You are an action oriented, dedicated self-starter.
- You thrive with limited direction in an ambiguous work environment and enjoy the challenge it brings.
- Work closely with regional Marcom teams to ensure consistency of content and localization across all deliverables, as they translate to the eCommerce experience on apple.com, Apple Store App, WeChat, and Tmall platforms. - Lead localization projects from beginning to end, using our in-house translation management software (WorldServer) and translation memory tools. - Work with both internal and external language specialist teams. - Lead and direct localization vendors, giving them clear and concise guidelines on Apple eCommerce requirements. - Act as point of contact for urgent localization requests coming out of the regional teams. - Run regional specific Linguistic Quality Assurance (LQA) projects during engineering release cycles, as well as at a WW level for campaigns, programs, and new product introductions. - Build reporting for localization and DCM functions. - Act as a liaison between the DCM Localization team, the broader DCM team, and cross functional partner teams to communicate future planning and impacts on localization. - Run handoff review meetings with DCM teams, Marcom and Retail Marketing/Business partners, and provide feedback on localization specific needs. - Drive process improvements between DCM Localization and key partner teams: --- DCM Production, Design, Dev --- Marcom --- Retail Marketing --- Digital Merchandising --- Store Operations --- Retail Commerce and Digital Experience Project Management Office (PMO) --- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) - Run hindsight meetings with partner teams to improve process for the DCM Localization team --- Marcom Workshop hindsights --- Retail Marketing hindsights --- Engineering Release Linguistic Quality Assurance hindsights (LQA) - Collaborate with JAPAC and EMEA DCM Localization Lead to build out regional standard methodologies and share findings.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or higher preferred Project Management qualification a plus.