People Accessibility Consultant
Austin, Texas, United States
Note: Location for this role is flexible Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. At Apple, we’re not all the same. And that’s our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we’ve experienced, and how we think. We believe including everyone and providing an inclusive environment is necessary to embody our values, and deliver products that serve everyone. Apple is looking for an experienced accessibility expert to support the People (HR) team. You will partner across the entire company to support delivery of a universally accessible workplace – including buildings, facilities and tools. This is an exciting opportunity to work globally with cross-functional partners to deliver accessible environments and tools to our workforce. The right candidate will have strong accessibility knowledge, partnership and influencing skills, and personify our culture and core values.
- You might be someone with a technical background and a wealth of knowledge on how to implement accessibility in apps or websites. You might have a background in innovative physical accessibility in buildings and facilities. Or perhaps you are a strong collaborator with a passion for accessibility, able to influence and deliver complex multi-faceted projects.
- Solid knowledge of accessibility features and technologies
- Insights and empathy for the impacts of disabilities in the workplace
- An innovative approach to problem solving
- Great team player, able to partner and influence cross-functionally
- Able to see around corners, and solve for issues before they become problems
- Passion for accessibility and enabling our employees to do their lives' best work
- Experienced in considering projects from a global perspective, and identifying cultural significance
- Deals with change and ambiguity and welcomes the challenge of adapting to evolving needs of the business
- Process-driven, always looking for ways to automate and scale effectively
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Technical accessibility implementation experience beneficial
Evaluating tools used within organizations for accessibility Acting as a connection point between technical and business groups with appropriate approaches for both Identifying global opportunities to continuously improve employee experiences Partnering on accessibility standards for buildings and facilities Working with procurement and third-party vendors to ensure accessibility of products in use by our employees Building out global processes to instill universal design thinking into other groups Identifying scalable support options for employees and systemizing these for maximum impact
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent is preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.