Senior Engineering Project Manager - Software, Ad Platforms
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! We are seeking a Senior Engineering Project Manager with demonstrated experience in API design and implementation, transactional data flows, and multi-tiered applications. This role requires the ability to understand the big picture while also being able to dive into technical details to solve problems. This role will involve interaction with all aspects of engineering, marketing, legal, privacy, support and product release.
- 8+ years in project management, program management or product management
- 5+ years experience managing data-centric projects focused on transactional API design and implementation and multi-tiered applications
- 3+ years experience in Agile software development as a core member of a Scrum team; experience acting as Scrum Master or Product Owner on a cross-functional scrum preferred
- Hands-on technical experience in consumer oriented field is preferred
- Knowledge of consumer privacy and security concepts and solutions
- Proactive and dedicated, with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization. Phenomenal attention to detail and organizational skills
- Familiarity with the advertising industry, ad technology, data privacy, and related legal and regulatory concerns preferred
- Passion for learning new technologies and ownership of projects, strategies, and solutions Experience representing product and technology solution details of the teams you lead
- Act as Scrum Master and project manager for a scrum focused on building out effective, secure transactional API solutions, for both internal and customer use, within a complex, multi-tiered system. - Build a solid understanding of the product strategy and technology guiding the team’s work, applying your knowledge to help facilitate discussion and decisions regarding priorities, scope, risks, and tradeoffs. - Influence, track, and manage cross-functional requirements, adherence to internal reviews and procedures, timelines, and dependencies with peers and stakeholders while representing and sharing project schedules, status, and uncertainties using various communication channels and types. - Organize and present critical project updates, such as schedule, risks, mitigation strategies, and release plans, to senior leaders. - Contribute to continuous improvements to our internal processes such as our Agile journey and Scrum methodology, reporting, resource management, and more through your best research, ideas, and innovations. - Apply your knowledge and experience to the overall excellence of the Ad Platforms organization and our PMO.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent