Digital Content Project Manager, Retail Online
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little direction fuels your creativity? Apple Retail Online is seeking a dynamic, highly-experienced project manager to join the Worldwide Digital Content Management (DCM) team. As a Digital Content Project Manager, you will be the face of the DCM team when partnering with marketing, business, product management, and engineering project management teams as you handle the delivery of Apple Retail’s online marketing campaigns, business programs, engineering releases, and new product introductions. You are a detail oriented self starter who doesn’t shy away from constantly-changing challenges.
- 7+ years project management experience and/or 6+ years of hands-on experience working in large-scale global content and product catalog management systems.
- Previous experience with website and/or e-commerce project management.
- Experience coordinating global cross-functional teams (marketing, design, technical, localization, quality assurance)
- Experience launching large-scale global marketing campaigns.
- A knack for understanding web publishing tools and other technical concepts.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Passion for delivering consistently high-quality work on schedule.
- Ability to develop relationships quickly.
- Effectively able to communicate to a global audience and to lead upward.
- Confident working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm.
- Flexible and able to react professionally and efficiently to changes in schedules or project direction without sacrificing quality.
- Exhibits a high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrated success in leading multiple projects, priorities and people concurrently.
- Positive, can-do, and motivational attitude with the ability to achieve optimal results in challenging situations.
- Sound written and verbal communication.
- Excellent planning, execution, and follow-up skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Dedication to the delivery of consistent and unparalleled customer experience.
- Shown ability to effectively run difficult decisions and conflicting points of view.
- Dedication to identifying and communicating innovative ideas to improve processes and performance.
- Ability to stay current with the latest processes, procedures, and Retail eCommerce publishing tools.
- Self-starter who possesses extraordinary time management skills and has great attention to detail.
- Serving as primary DCM functional authority and consultant during design and development phases of online store campaign projects. - Running and communicating the development of project launch plans. - Overseeing detailed planning of go-live assets and deliverables. - Validating all campaign aspects at each landmark from launch to takedown, maintaining brand consistency and protecting the customer experience. - Leading cross-functional teams in establishing timelines and DCM requirements across multiple projects. - Educating the cross-functional team on Retail’s eCommerce publishing process and requirements. - Reporting project status, risks, issues and mitigation plans to leadership teams. - Participating in post-release analysis to identify wins and challenges. Carry findings forward to continually improve future project deliveries and execution. - Being the internal evangelist for effective and sustainable process solutions. - Developing strong working relationships with corporate partners to ensure delivery of the best possible experience to Apple customers. - 1+ years of experience working with product catalog management systems and large scale global content. - A working understanding of web technology tools such as PHP, HTML, Photoshop, and varying digital asset types. - Experience delivering marketing campaigns across multiple channels, especially mobile. - Fluency in another or multiple other languages is a plus, but not required.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in business, project management, or equivalent experience. Previous experience with website and/or e-commerce project management preferred.