WiFi Performance Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Join our Sensing and Connectivity team and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. As part of the WiFi software development team, we make decisions that influence the connectivity experience on products people use every single day, across the world. Are you a software development enthusiast? Are you passionate about internet-enabled devices and networking protocols? Do you want to learn more about WiFi and other wireless technologies? If your answer is yes, we may have the job for you.
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP suite of protocols
- Deep knowledge of 802.11 MAC/PHY protocol with relevant confirmed experience
- Python scripting experience is a plus
- Tools experience - iPerf, Ixia, Wireshark
- Debug and analysis of issues by examining different layers of the protocol stack
- Understand impact of interference on WiFi and BT performance
As a WiFi Performance Engineer you will be responsible for performance benchmarking, characterization of new connectivity features and improving WiFi system performance on Apple platforms. You will measure as well as analyze both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth system performance for various coexistence driven scenarios. Also you will build lab setups that simulate different system conditions and build scripts that aid in analysis.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience required Masters or PhD degree is preferred
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Passionate, hardworking and inquisitive, and seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Improve system performance to provide good end user experience.