Facilities Technician/Maintenance Mechanic
Sacramento, California, United States
It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Elk Grove facilities team at Apple is responsible for keeping the Elk Grove campus up and running in a safe, effective and efficient manner to ensure the success and longevity of all operations, equipment, and most meaningfully, all personnel. This Facilities Technician role must have the flexibility to working day/swing/grave/weekend shifts and being on-call as assigned.
- 4 - 6 years of related facilities experience
- Experience with and, understanding of the proper use of common hand tools
- Proficient in the use of specialized tools and test equipment
- Deep understanding of mechanical, electrical, or plumbing concepts
- Experience with computer tools such as productivity software, e-mail, and databases
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid California Driver’s License
- This position requires graveyard shift work. Flexibility to work swing or day shift schedule, if needed.
Maintains and repairs the facility's structure, equipment and grounds including plumbing, electrical and HVAC Performs skilled trades work such as carpentry or painting in the construction, repair, or alteration of structures such as walls, roofs, or office fixtures Works with manufacturing or process engineering in the installation or repair of building plumbing and wiring required in the production process Makes periodic or special inspections of the premises to determine repair work necessary Works from blueprints, drawings or rough sketches Works on assignments of varying complexity requiring good judgment and initiative to resolve issues. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions Develops creative approaches to keep operational costs to a minimum, improve efficiency, and implement consistent maintenance strategies. Completes assigned tasks in resourceful and effective ways
Education & Experience
High School Diploma or GED Successful completion of mechanical/electrical technology certificate from an accredited institution.