Technical Data Product Manager, Apple Media Products - Seattle
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a self-motivated, passionate individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking a proven Technical Product Manager to join the Apple Media Products Data Science team. The Technical Product Manager plays a meaningful role in collaborating with engineering and data scientists to design, maintain, build or improve business-critical datasets from a multitude of sources. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous product and customer touch points to drive initiatives that will make our data science organization more streamlined and productive. The team’s culture is centered on rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with data scientists, product, feature engineering and data engineer.
- 5 years of experience in a Technical Product Management role, preferably for a digital media or subscription business.
- Proficient in SQL languages, Python, R, required
- We seek significant hands-on experience and proficiency with big data and traditional database technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Vertica, and relational databases, such as Teradata)
- Knowledge of data pipeline design, with an understanding of integration and data transformation best practices
- Experience with dataset design and specification creation, including projections, aggregates and reference tables
- We value experience in building out a data strategy or framework for many different downstream use cases.
- Excellent social skills including the ability to convey complex requirements in a clear, concise and credible manner
- Strong prioritization and project management skills, including timely and proactive communications of timelines, status, issue partner concern
- Deep analytical abilities, strong out-of-the-box thinking, curious business and technical mentality, and an ability to drive action
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to self-audit work
- Perform root cause and impact analysis to investigate data issues and make recommendations for potential solutions
- Leadership skills to influence partners and see projects through to timely completion in an agile environment
- Familiarity with web analytics and marketing optimization preferred; previous experience with instrumentation and A/B testing a plus
- Experience delivering large, complex projects from end-to-end
Lead instrumentation and dataset creation efforts for AMP Business & Marketing Data Science, collaborating closely with Business, Marketing, Client Engineering, Data Engineering and Privacy teams Migrate/induct/enrich data from production into downstream data warehousing environments for consumption by analytics tools and products, data scientists, and analysts Work with privacy, engineering & data engineering teams to understand business processes and co-develop data requirements, instrumentation, aggregation, and induction for new and existing features Perform ad-hoc analytics on new metrics and datasets to troubleshoot and resolve issues Collaboration with other technical team to design a data landscape for general downstream consumption Develop frameworks for instrumentation, attribution, and reporting across multiple marketing channels Your creative solving skills will be utilized daily
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or Business Information Systems