Software Developer - Instructional Applications
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for an experienced native macOS and iOS applications and frameworks developer to collaboratively architect and engineer cutting edge solutions for delivering world class instructional products and contextual user assistance. Join the enterprising team responsible for the apps and interfaces that deliver help and dynamic user assistance on macOS, iOS, and watchOS. Our team develops the intelligent content delivery software that enables Apple customers learn about and make the most of the software and devices they own. Our team works closely with Core OS and system applications teams to improve the discoverability of the features they create.
- Strong macOS and iOS applications development experience and architectural knowledge.
- Strong Objective-C, Swift, or C/C++ coding skills
- Experience with SDK development and API design
- System programming experience with daemons, frameworks, multithreading, and IPC/XPC.
- Performance analysis and tuning experience, including memory usage, CPU utilization, Power/Battery usage, leak checking, etc.
- Experience with SW engineering best practices: Test Driven Development, Code Reviews, Agility
- Team player with excellent communication and organizational skills and ready to work with a diverse team.
- Highly professional, self driven, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
As an applications developer on the Instructional Products Engineering team, you will be responsible for architecting the internal and developer-facing features and interfaces used to intelligently deliver instructional content to Apple's end users. You will be working with our team on engineering new and innovative software that will improve the ability of the OS, system apps, and services to educate users about new features. In this position, you will have the unique opportunity to work with Core OS, system applications, and security teams across a broad array of Apple's deliverables. Additionally, you'll connect with Apple's world class human interface team, as well as regularly work with our instructional designers, graphic designers, and localizations teams. You will be responsible for: - Migrating existing core Objective-C app and framework code to Swift and SwiftUI. - Developing and enhancing the apps, frameworks, and daemons that other teams will leverage to deliver timely relevant contextual instructional content. - Working closely with data scientists, privacy engineers, and others to design instrumentation that is privacy-friendly, meets business requirements, and scales well. - Providing architectural guidance, technical support, and engineering expertise to teams across the Software organization that are using our software. - Performing code reviews on PRs from team members in a timely and thorough manner. We are looking for an engineer who has: - Previous experience writing and maintaining applications, frameworks, daemons, libraries, unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests. - Solid analytical skills and debugging experience.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent work experience.
- - Understanding of JSON, HTTP, TCP, SSL, networking, and integrations with web services
- - Understanding of threading and Cross-Process Communication
- - Keen sense of how to build robust frameworks and APIs
- - An commitment to refactoring code into reusable components and enjoy helping others use those components
- - Previous experience in writing and debugging complex frameworks
- - Experience not required but helpful:
- Mac Catalyst
- Data Science / ML