Architecture & Design Manager, Americas
Culver City, California, United States
As a key member of the Global Real Estate and Development (RE&D) team, the Architecture & Design Manager will be responsible for the oversight and management of all design related elements for Real Estate & Development (RE&D) projects across region, reporting to the Head – Architecture & Design, Americas. They will facilitate open dialogue with key stakeholders, members of the RE&D team and partner groups related to workplace design, as well as handle the design process in accordance with the established RE&D architecture & design guidelines. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Minimum 10 years relevant Architecture/Interior Design experience
- Workplace design management experience
- Project/construction management experience
- Certifications in related fields considered advantageous
- Understand the business of corporate Real Estate in a dynamic Multi-national environment
- Ability to lead specialist architectural, interior design resources either individually or as teams on projects and initiatives, including on site quality oversight during construction
- Excellent communication and presentation skills using Keynote, Photoshop
- Ability to work with CAD and/or Revit
- Understanding of the various codes and statutory requirements governing interior fit outs across the region
- Self-starter and capable individual contributor
Guardian - Administer RE&D Architecture & Design Guidelines - Ensure scope of work is agreed as per the Engagement Agreement (EA) - Act as design manager/owners representative on appointed projects - Collaborate closely with RE&D & extended teams on lessons learnt per project. Propose improvements as/where needed - Refer to technical specifications within guidelines; acoustics, lighting, MEP, other - Support continuous improvement for all design related elements across the portfolio - Maintain & champion design relationships within the broader design community - Support other RE&D Design Leads with peer/technical reviews FF&E - Review & deploy best in class FF&E solutions across the portfolio - Ensure FFE is scalable, sustainable, affordable & beautiful - Oversee prototypes, mock ups & samples and comment accordingly - Work closely with the supply chain & internal partners to optimise value Projects - Lead the design process on given projects; concept/scheme/detailed design - Assist with technical due diligence (TDD) for new sites - Prepare high level test fits/capacity plans - Agree SOW for ID consultant RFP - Work with RE&D/CP on ID appointment - Assist with business unit engagement as per the agreed RACI - Oversee the quality of documentation from consultant(s) to ensure fully detailed and coordinated - Review all contractor shop drawings - Manage the mock up process build and review - Manage the materials selection and review process - Assist in preparation of project reports - Manage the quality process on site during the build - Oversee project close out and defects management - Manage lessons learnt workshops from design perspective - Collaborate closely with partner functions such as Corporate Procurement Moves Adds Changes: - Assist RE&D Site Leads when possible with any moves adds change projects to maintain a consistent look and feel - Prepare initial test fit plans in CAD - Manage the design review process
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree - LEED Accredited or equivalent
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace