Strategic Data Solutions - Analytic Insight Intern
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Apple’s Strategic Data Services Analytic Insight (AI) team is responsible for mitigating fraud, waste and abuse company-wide while optimizing and empowering our customers and internal partners. AI Data Science Engineering is building an environment to enable ground breaking data analysis over Petabytes of data. We work side-by-side with data scientists and implement scalable, easy-to-use systems and tools. We are seeking a customer-focused, passionate and driven Data Science Engineer with experience in building analytic tools and solutions.
- Mastery of one of Python, Java, Scala, C++ or equivalent language
- Experience with Relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Demonstrated understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Solid ability to evaluate and apply new technologies in a short time
- Self-motivated, proactive, and solution-oriented
With the expansive data we have, our job is to build meaningful data relationships and engagement experiences for our internal customers. If you’re interested in being a part of a team that’s constantly learning and problem-solving, we’d love to talk with you. As an intern on the AI team, you will work with your mentor and other Data Science Engineers to develop an innovative project and present the results to senior leadership at the end of the summer. You will get to contribute to the design and implementation of systems and tools to support the fraud prevention efforts of Analytic Insight. YOU WILL BE: - Designing and implementing proof-of-concept solutions for new technologies and machine learning algorithms. - Developing new tools, capabilities and infrastructure to improve how data scientists conduct data analysis and model research. Working with infrastructure teams to design and implement internal analytic tools and real time fraud detection logic.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in a degree-granting program pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in computer science, computer engineering, or closely related fields with equivalent experience. Returning to school after internship.