Core Audio Triage Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do at Apple! Everyday, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. The Interactive Media Group (IMG) is at the center of audio, video and graphics support in Apple’s innovative products, including the AirPods, HomePod, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV. IMG’s Audio team provides the audio foundation for various high profile features like Game Audio, Siri, FaceTime, media capture, playback and API’s for third party developers to enrich our platforms. The team is looking for hardworking engineers who are passionate about building audio features and products for millions of customers and care about overall user experience. You will revolutionize the audio experience for game and future audio technologies.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills along with a diligent demeanor.
- Exemplary written communication skills, and considerate, yet confident personal communication skills
- Familiarity with real-time audio handling (sample rates, buffering, PCM, drivers, etc.)
- A foundational understanding of electronics, audio technology, and recording studios
This is a high visibility job that involves a deep understanding of what everyone on the team is working on. You will combine a love of iOS and Audio with a strong dedication to product quality and reliability. Excellent communication and teamwork are a requirement, as you will be asked to work closely with team members and other engineering teams. Areas of Responsibilities: - Screen incoming bugs (understand, reproduce and regress) for our components - Develop tools that will help in quick triage of bugs - Understand software components owned by the engineering team - Identify potential trends in incoming bugs and escalate to multi-functional team members.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS, EE, or related, with an interest in digital audio
- The following experience would be preferred, though applicants without this experience are welcome to apply:
- - Experience with the iOS SDK and Core Audio development
- - Strong interest in digital audio technology
- - Experience with and a passion for audio / music applications
- - Musicians welcome