Worldwide Logistics NPI Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. A vital part of Apple's core business is the creation and development of our premier industrial designs and products. The management of the supply chain and readiness supporting these products is required to be equally rare, innovative and specialized. Reporting to the Manager of WW Logistics NPI, the WW Logistics New Product Introduction (NPI) Program Manager is responsible for logistics readiness, compliance, packaging, pallet builds, product weights and dimensions. This position requires excellent analytical abilities, executive presence, leadership skills and the ability to inspire change in a cross-cultural environment. This team member will be responsible for collaborating with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams in the execution of new product launch plan while ensuring complete confidentiality.
- WW Logistics NPI Program Managers are responsible for leading new product packaging and palletization, loss prevention, logistics costs and flawless launch execution within Apple's Worldwide Operations Organization. This team works closely with extended domestic and international operations teams, packaging engineering, AppleCare teams and OEM's to ensure readiness for launch. The WW Logistics NPI Program Manager will organize and lead new product readiness and sustaining supply chain product support across key product programs.
- You will analyze, develop and co-ordinate new product packaging characteristics including single shippers, case packs, cluster packs and palletization.
- You will handle the coordination of OEM and regional logistics readiness ensuring a secure new product launch.
- You will lead the worldwide communication of assigned responsibilities during weekly readiness meetings.
- Evaluate risks, plan and implement contingencies to mitigate.
- Prepare and validate financial models for NPI and sustaining logistics cost.
- Prepare and present logistics costing to Operations and Finance teams.
- You will perform ad-hoc costing and supply chain analysis for internal customers.
- You will publish and manage pallet specifications and BOMs.
- You'll bring experience in supply chain optimization and program management.
- You will serve as the worldwide logistics operations global logistics forum lead and collaborate with regional teams to resolve operational issues, gaps in processes and critical issues.
- Improve tools and processes to more efficiently and securely manage logistics processes for new product launches and sustaining packaging
NPI AND SUSTAINING PACKAGING OPTIMIZATION Working with packaging engineering, product operations, advanced product costing, regional logistics teams, packaging GSM’s and other business teams to figure out optimal shipping/security packaging and pallets. Lead a cross-functional team to develop and implement optimized repack and pallet solutions. Maintain standards and constraints specification outlining parameters that impact packaging and pallet optimization at all shipping point and destination points. Support cross-functional teams in evaluating packaging levels: single shippers, multipacks, master-pack, cluster packs etc. IDEAL EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS: We are looking for a self starter who is comfortable working with ambiguity, who has the ability to make key decisions and deliver results under deeply tight and critical timelines Our ideal candidate is an ambitious, driven individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment who is also detail-orientated and has the ability to quickly pick up and lead programs/processes Logistics, Packaging Engineering, Product Operations, Industrial Engineering and/or supply chain experience is a plus but not absolutely necessary if candidate meets most qualifications. An ability to work outside your comfort area and quickly establish relationships, as well as having strong written and verbal presentation skills, in-depth process knowledge, expense controls and analytical skills and experience working with senior management is preferred. The role is Global and Cupertino-based. Some international travel is required.
Education & Experience
MBA or BS/BA degree with professional experience Project Management and Supply Chain certifications are a plus