Software Development Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Core OS team is looking for a skilled engineer to design and develop firmware, device drivers, frameworks and algorithms related to human interface devices, sensors and displays across iOS and macOS. You will have the ability to impact the design and implementation of Apple’s embedded and desktop systems. We are looking for someone who can bring an outstanding contribution to the integration of new Ambient Light sensor chips, from the bring up to the user facing features and algorithms. You will work in a fast paced environment interacting directly with engineering teams within the organization as well as cross functional teams. The nature of the position requires the candidate to have excellent communication skills, strong technical and debugging skills, along with a drive to make a difference.
- Experience with C, C++ or obj-C
- Creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies.
- Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
Be part of an engineering team that designs and develops software for sensors and displays. Bring your contribution to customer facing features such as Auto-brightness, Night Shift, True Tone Display, both in terms of customer experience and power consumption. Work with cross functional teams to design new sensors and the features they enable.
Education & Experience
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Solid OS fundamentals (experience with iOS and macOS as a developer)
- Experience with communication interfaces (I2C, SPI, USB)
- Experience with UNIX/Linux kernel and drivers
- Experience with issue/bug tracking systems
- Experience with power management