Low Level Tools Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Compiler and OS Tools Development Team is seeking someone what enjoys working on developer focused tools and building quality into the engineering process. You will work with our primary DevOps engineer to help lead and improve our Continuous Integration system as well as work with the development team to improve test quality and code coverage for the LLVM compiler and GPU teams.
- Proven track record in software development or quality engineering
- Knowledge of at least one of the following languages and related development tools: Python, C++, Objective C, or Swift.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
In this role you will be responsible for working with the LLVM backend, OS Tools, and GPU teams to create, maintain and improve the automated tests for both the internal and open source version of our software. You would be working directly with the engineers as new features are developed to ensure testability and correctness verification. You will also be helping to maintain and improve our automated testing infrastructure that makes up our CI system for qualification and regression testing. You will be part of the Compiler and OS Tools Development Team. Your duties will vary depending on projects but may include: • Creating and maintaining automated compiler tests for Apple devices • Providing operational support and maintenance for CI systems • Performance testing and code analysis aimed to improve performance through code optimizations • Triage test failures and resolve merge conflicts You’ll join a small and focused team, but also work closely with the larger Accessibility organization colocated with us. Here you’ll find that we: • Have a wide range of experience, from new engineers to Apple veterans. • Provide a peaceful work environment where you can choose when to socialize and when to close find your own space and focus. • Have an encouraging and growth-focused workplace culture. • Offer excellent benefits. *This role is on-site in Cupertino, California. Relocation assistance is available.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- If possible, provide a portfolio of your work. We love seeing what you've created, software or otherwise.
- Experience in the following areas are nice to have, but not required:
- • Experience working in an open source community
- • Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, TravisCI, Buildbot
- • Interest in the internal workings of compilers