Sr. Software Engineer (Cloud)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what we could do together. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming excellent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. Apple is looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to help build the next generation of optimized cloud-based solutions to cater to analytics, reporting and data science use-cases. Experience running services and infrastructure in public cloud providers is crucial, and practical knowledge of how to develop and operate fault-tolerant and high-performance applications is highly valued. We are looking for someone with a consistent track record of building enterprise level applications — but we value potential as highly as experience. You will work with extraordinary teams in Cupertino, Sunnyvale & Austin who have a real passion for engineering and delivering features that maintain strong privacy guarantees to end-users. You will be familiar with the broader fields of infrastructure as code as well as application development and resource management on cloud platform. You will have influence over the tools, APIs, and architecture that form the foundation of the application development platform.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure provisioning, cloud services, cloud security and cost management in public cloud environments like AWS (preferred), GCP or Azure.
- Strong hands-on experience in designing and development of cloud-based applications that include large scale compute services, database services, APIs to design RESTful services, ETL, queues and notification services.
- Experience in Enterprise-ready Cloud Data-Warehousing platforms like Snowflake is highly valued.
- Proficiency in any of the big-data platforms, database experience including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores.
- Hands-on knowledge of Spark cluster-computing framework & Kubernetes or similar containerization technologies.
- Proficiency in at-least one of the following programming languages - Python, Scala or Java.
- Passion for writing high-quality, reliable code; unit and integration tests; and clear and concise documentation.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals and a pragmatic approach for building software.
- Excitement for Agile methodologies and continuous delivery of software.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Secure and skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
We engineer high-quality, scalable and resilient distributed systems on cloud that power data exploration, analytics, reporting and production models. Our core systems are diverse and come with an unusual intersection of high data volumes with systems distributed across cloud and on-premise infrastructure. On our team you will build solutions that integrate open source software with Apple’s internal ecosystem. You will drive development of new components and features from concept to release: design, build, test, and ship at a regular cadence. You will work closely with internal customers to understand their requirements and workflows, and propose new features and ecosystem changes to streamline their experience of using the solutions on our platform. This is a hard-core software engineering role, where a large part of an engineer's time is spent in writing code and designing/developing applications on cloud, with the remainder being spent on tuning and debugging codebase, supporting production applications and supporting our application end users. This role requires in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge technologies and cloud data platform with an aptitude to independently learn new technologies and contribute to the success of various initiatives. We are looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team. If you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.