Content Strategist, Channel Interactive
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Every day, millions of consumers around the world interact with Apple and its products in the indirect Channel through mobile, digital, and in-store experiences. The Indirect Channel plays a hugely meaningful role for Apple. We are driving strategies to provide customers a thoughtful, engaging, and seamless experience. Content strategy is concerned with how we plan, make, prioritize, connect and measure content. This includes everything from front-end elements such as videos and webpages to back-end elements including site taxonomy and metadata. The Content Strategist will act as a key partner for Interactive creatives, helping development of content, continually improving the content user experience, and ensuring alignment to needs of the brand and business. They will facilitate the Brand, Interactive, and Project Management working relationship to bring product and business strategy to life within Interactive deliverables.
- 7-10 years experience in content marketing, strategy, or user experience.
- Deep understanding of content, UX, and how they support business and brand strategy.
- Demonstrated success collaborating with senior leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Skilled at crafting both long-form content and real-time (immediate) content, along with distribution strategies and tactics.
- Ability to develop and train cross-functional teams and leadership on content strategy, creation, and distribution.
- Ability to clearly articulate the business goal behind the creation of a piece or series of content.
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors and content types.
Responsible for creation, communication, execution, and governance of Interactive content strategy, including goals, important metrics, and how content serves user and business needs. Collaborate across teams on development of deliverables that may include but are not limited to: content strategy, content measurement strategy, content management strategy, competitive and market content analysis, editorial calendars, content audits and analysis. Work with teams to assess progress towards content goals, realigning as needed. Collaborate across the organization to comprehend business priorities, key positioning messages, and value proposition. Work with Interactive team to make sure work supports priorities, messaging, and value propositions. Support content experience across platforms and drive integration of content into comprehensive digital experience that enables cross-marketing and avoids duplication of efforts. Work cross-functionally to develop common language and measurement framework for content strategy. Partner with leadership and internal teams to leverage existing content to achieve strategic goals while assessing need for development of new content to meet any opportunities. Work across teams to develop standards, processes, and standard methodologies for content creation, maintenance, and archiving. Continually iterate content deliverables as needed based on inputs from Brand, PM, and Data teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred.