Battery Algorithm SW Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Are you interested to work on the forefront of Battery Management Systems? In this role you will develop future BMS technologies with a hardworking team of engineers in a highly reciprocal and multi-functional environment. The ideal individual will be proficient in this field, who has experience developing and commercializing robust battery management solutions for consumer, industrial, telecom or automotive products. Be a part of a team developing new class of battery systems involving algorithms, architectures and products as we improve the utility of batteries.
- Strong coding skills, preferably in C/C++
- Strong understanding of battery modeling and control theory
- Excellent debugging skills to tackle challenging problems
- Ability to independently learn new technologies, prototype and design software solutions
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience with SW requirement definition and SW development process
- 5+ years of experience in innovative and creative SW product development in battery or consumer electronic domain
The BMS team is looking for battery algorithm software engineer to design and develop advanced battery and power management algorithms and software for various Apple products. Working with a cross-function team including algorithms, software, and system engineers, you will be required to define SW architecture and write SW modules to implement innovative battery algorithms.
Education & Experience
M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent