Advanced Manufacturing Engineer- Mac
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, our creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this position, you will be responsible for manufacturing research and development to solve complex manufacturing problems that have direct impact to final product cost, quality and delivery of Mac & Accessory products. You will have the opportunity to work under broad goals and objectives, exercises judgment within general defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to complex problems.
- We are looking for you to:
- Have experience in 3C consumable products (wearable ones / phone / computer / audio sets) manufacturing process development includes automation equipment “AOI / Pick&Place / glue dispenser / glass lamination / lasers welding” design for general target: manufacturability / high yield / high UPH / cost & accuracy balance solution.
- Be able to communicate engineering issue with cross function teams during new product NPI build from prototype to mass production. Share a point of view solution based on 3D files (@ both of assembly & part level) , material characters, mechanism kinematic theory and manufacturing feasibility tolerance stack up (GD&T principles).
- Be familiar with industry measurement equipment (OMM & CMM) operation process for electronics products 2D dimension / 3D geometry profile measurement.
- Have actual application experience or data analysis on 3D points cloud profile generation / filtering / stitch algorithm development / optics sensors data inquiry & analysis skills is strong plus (Matlab, Python, Vision Pro & Open CV).
- Have experience on industrial components selection: pneumatics driven components, servo/stepping/linear motors, linear scale / rotation encoders / screw driver / glue dispenser / lasers ).
- Actual coding experience with below program language (eg: Python, Xcode, C# or Labview) will be huge plus.
We are expecting you to: Set standard practices and independently determines impact to design approaches and parameters to the final product. Develop new and or improved processes through the application of theoretical and practical engineering. Provide direction, guidance and resources to other engineering groups and project leaders as well as factory technicians. Act as lead engineer on a variety of projects and participates in the project planning of major sub-projects. Perform assignments in several of the following manufacturing engineering functions: Design for Manufacturability - Provide early and on going manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are mechanically manufacturable. Product Engineering - Work all phases of a product from concept to repeat manufacturing to end of life. Provides production support engineering with respect to technically complex testing methods, procedures and failure analysis. Process Engineering - Design and develop technically complex processes to improve quality and efficiency. With strong technical background of CAD / CAE (ed: Solidworks / NX / CATIA) application experience is a plus. Failure/Data Analysis - Plan, develop and implement technically complex procedures for the testing and evaluation of soon to be released products. Specifies test to be performed, compile data and make recommendations for product design changes and final assembly standards. Having statistics tools (JMP & MiniTab) application experience is a plus.
Education & Experience
BSME or equivalent (MSME, MSIE desired), majors on Mechanical / Electrical / Computer science engineering